It is likely that the roads and public transport system will be busier than when students returned in March, given other businesses have reopened.
How pupils can travel to and from school safely:
- If you live a short distance from the school, walk, cycle or scoot to and from school wherever it is possible and safe to do so
- Avoid sharing a car with anyone outside of your household or support bubble
- If you are using public transport to get to school, plan ahead and allow more time for your journey
When you are travelling by public transport, don’t forget to:
- Wear a face covering (unless you are exempt – including if you are aged 11 and under). – It is important you wear them for the entirety of your journey, including inside a bus or train station
- Social distance where possible
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Be considerate to fellow passengers and staff
Further information can be found in the DfE’s guidance on transport to school.